of 4

Changes in the GSF meta [LONG POST]

33 replies
Votes:
+19
Level 1
LEVEL 1
SRW Recruit
Traesha has a lot of success with remote slicing usually.
OUvXrRJ.png

"...Cui non nova gloria nunc est quod rogat Aetius..." ~ Sidonius Apollinaris
Posted Nov 17, 17
Votes:
+19
Level 1
LEVEL 1
SRW Recruit
Well having played with you guys the other night I can agree the T3 Strike is not meta in TDM.

And Jesus Christ the CC...
OUvXrRJ.png

"...Cui non nova gloria nunc est quod rogat Aetius..." ~ Sidonius Apollinaris
Posted Nov 25, 17
Votes:
+223
Level 6
LEVEL 6
Fleet Admiral
Are you referring to the Lost Shipyards game? Ianir and I got lucky and had a good PUG player place a nest in a really good spot in the middle of the map. That allowed us to really control the map with ion slow railguns. It also allowed us to get most of the DOs. Any ship other than a gunship would have had trouble there probably. I think Closeshave started in a T2 strike but quickly switched to a T1 gunship when he realized it was impossible to break our GS wall.

T3 strike might be meta or close to meta in Kuat TDM. Have you tried quads with combat command? I flew that in one of the Kuat TDMs last night and it seemed quite good. I got a lot of surprise kills from people underestimating that ship's DPS.
Posted Nov 25, 17 · Last edited Nov 25, 17
Votes:
+31
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Fleet Lieutenant
If anyone is actually wondering how bomber pilots like me are dealing with the changes... we're not... really.... lol.
So my Razor / Rampart... is about as useless as it can be for anything except running a beacon now.

My build on Razor... changes include CP to OC on shields. Who needs CP and bleed through when everything has armor ignore anyway. Also most aren't flying bomber spam because of the EMP spam which outright kills everything a bomber can use instantly. Then some will say well OC doesn't charge the shields back fast enough... true enough... but most likely you'll be dead before they take your shields down and anything else using BLC and rapids you'd want the most shield power possible to try and survive the initial attack anyway without worry about bleedthrough. Shield projector is useless for the current update and too weak to even consider.
Changed DA to RA as hit points are needed now for all the EMP spam once again and torps that are just going to eat your health anyway.
The mines... I've been playing around with... Seis and cons are good against scouts still... but since everyone is using strikes... the mines are now underpowered and you might as well just kiss your ass goodbye as soon as a strike gets on a node chasing you with emp / torps / ion and rapids. Even BLC scouts still eat through a bomber rather fast if you don't kill them with the mines because of the EMP spam... lol. (you're seeing an underlining problem with EMP by now hopefully)
Basically anything that involves mine changes here... if you're on a node... EMP is taking it out before it gets to be actually useful and if you're off a node... god help you!
No changes to my HLC as of yet.

On the Legion... same changes to armor from DA to RA. Shields still running EtS now with the break cooldown. Running either a missile or a interdiction drone. Missile is nice to eat the evades most use instantly when around it and allows me to run a torp now instead of a seeker build that EMP can kill off anyway. The interdiction build is still a pain in the ass to most in DM matches in Kuat... if it's lost shipyards, I prefer the missile... too much open space.
No changes to my HLC as of yet.

Crew changes... this... toying with hydro spanner or suppression mainly. Hydro has saved my ass for at least another torp or EMP before killing me. Suppression I still use on BLC scouts... but now with more strikes using HLC that can fire well out of the range to put the debuff on them (unless they using rapids)... it's not near as effective as it was. Still most the time anything gets on my ass... and stays there without any support backing me... I'm toast either way.

My other builds... running the Imperium / Clarion more for node holding as well. It is rather tanky and I've been running the concentrated fire with the quads set for crit dmg. I still like to keep a lil bit of surprise offense in the build... but it might be with to go hydro spanner since an extra repair does make it quite a pain to kill on a node for anyone else. Also protorps... because that's the thing now.

Gunship... I've actually come to like the Dust-vomit and Comet-vomit since the torp being launched at ion gunships even after they drain your power is quite laughable when they don't get away in time either XD Also rotating between a slug at range to kill something and then going to torp to lock a strike or scout coming up to your face is nice. Shield wise... haven't played around with much with the current update.
Still running DF on the Mangler though.

Scouts... only running the Bloodmark with EMP... nothing more to say there... lol.

Quell... EMP again... and protorps.

I haven't touched the Rycer yet really.

Sting... Quads and pods remain my thing.
Posted Nov 26, 17 · Last edited Nov 26, 17
Page
of 4
NoticeNotices