of 4

Changes in the GSF meta [LONG POST]

33 replies
Votes:
+266
Level 6
LEVEL 6
Fleet Captain
I'm putting this in open discussion because I think we can all benefit from bouncing opinions off each other.

I'm listing here what I think about the meta changes with regards to what's 'in' the meta and what's 'out' of it. Feel free to respond with your own opinions and feelings. I want to gauge what people think works and what doesn't. I'll be dividing things into TDM and Dom, team and solo games, and ranking things by full meta, semi-meta and non-meta.

Ships

T1 strike (Star Guard/Rycer)

Solo TDM: full meta. This ship is capable of the highest DPS in the game probably with the strike blaster buffs, and with retros as well as a thrusters minor and QCS it's both tanky and mobile. Although it still can't kill as fast as a T2 scout, it's close enough that I think its other advantages give it an edge in most cases.

Solo Dom: semi-meta. You need to specialize a build for Dom, mainly because HLC are not great on nodes and RFLC are weak at range. A generalist build doesn't stand out in either role. The thing is, a T2 scout is still probably better in Dom because of BLC alone, before considering pods. The T1 strike can work, but I don't think it's worth the effort of trying.

Team TDM: full meta. The same advantages that go for solo queue go for team queue as well, but in this case you also benefit from finishing off weakened targets and peeling for allies. Not much to add here, it's a great ship.

Team Dom: full meta. If you already have a scout hunting bombers and beacons this ship is better at chasing gunships and scouts, because of the better range and blaster damage. It can also hold a node better in a pinch because it's way tankier.

T2 strike (Pike/Quell)

Solo TDM: full meta. EtS converter is similar to retros in how it behaves, making the T2 very similar to the T1. It can fight both in closer range with clusters and longer ranges with HLC and torpedoes, enough to threaten gunships. It does lack a reactor, but as long as it maintains range that doesn't have to be a huge issue.

Solo Dom: full meta. I feel like you can fulfil the role that was once exclusive to the T1 gunship with this ship. EMP is now about as essential as ion railgun, and the fact this ship can use HLC simultaneously is just an added bonus.

Team TDM: full meta. Probably the best peeling ship with two missiles, and as good of an executioner as the T1 due to HLC and torps.

Team Dom: full meta. Same reasons as for solo. You need EMP and DPS, the T1 has them.

T3 strike (Clarion/Imperium)

Solo TDM: semi-meta. It doesn't offer as much support as a T2 bomber, and isn't nearly as threatening as other strikes or scouts. It's not horrible, but I don't really see it as being an optimal choice even if you deck your ship for full offensive output.

Solo Dom: full meta. As a node-holder, this ship is the best bar none. 49% passive DR, repairs, a missile break that doesn't force it to leave the node as well as RFLC and EMP to clear enemy CP targets (or any target up close). It can also take nodes quite efficiently alone and it's hard to kill. If there's EMP around I feel it's better than a T1 bomber.

Team TDM: full meta (?). I haven't flown with it in a team yet, and haven't seen it flown by teams against equal skill -- or rather, I've seen teams ditch it when the going gets tough. That being said, I think it has potential as a tank. It can't really be ignored once it's in range, and it can take a lot of punishment. Needs testing.

Team Dom: full meta. Same as solo Dom really, only you might be able to sync repairs with teammates. It might not be essential always, but it's probably not a bad idea to have one.

T1 scout (NovaDive/Blackbolt)

Solo TDM: semi-meta. EMP is nice, but I don't think it's enough to warrant fielding this ship. It's still less tanky than a T2 scout (to say nothing of strikes) and with EMP also has lower DPS. It's better than ever when you're under focus though, so there's that.

Solo Dom: semi-meta. I still don't see why it would be chosen over the T2 strike. BLC are superior to LLC/RFLC by miles if you can stick to your targets, and EMP once every 25 seconds isn't enough to clear a bomber infestation. It does have the team utility of EMP, but if you're clearing nodes you should fly an EMP strike probably, or a T1 gunship.

Team TDM: full meta. With EMP, coordination is key. Having someone follow up on the nest you cleared or torp a target you disabled makes EMP a whole lot better.

Team Dom: semi-meta. It's better in a team setting than solo, but I still don't really see an reason to take it over another EMP ship. You're limited by the EMP cooldown.

T2 scout (Flashfire/Sting)

Solo TDM: full meta. You have to be more careful than before because torpedoes can ruin your day, but it's still a great ship. Even better in some cases because you can fly double turning with retros and TT instead of Booster Recharge, which makes it the best CQC ship in the game by an even larger margin than it used to have.

Solo Dom: full meta. Same old, same old. BLC and pods still wreck.

Team TDM: full meta. Nothing to add, it's easier to fly with a team than solo since you don't have to worry about focus as much.

Team Dom: full meta. Nothing to add.

T3 scout (Spearpoint/Bloodmark)

Solo TDM: non-meta. It's almost semi-meta, but not quite. The support it offers is still less than that of a T2 bomber, and the DPS loss is way bigger (having no HLC, and only missile secondaries). Not to mention, if you bring heals with this scout you can't really stray into the open due to lack of evasion or DF break.

Solo Dom: semi-meta. It's still not as capable as a T1/2 strike or T2 scout in clearing nodes, and definitely not offnode, but EMP is good, repairs are good, and RFLC are good. It's an OK ship, but there are better alternatives.

Team TDM: full meta (?). Not tested yet, but quite possibly sensor beacons and repairs make this ship a strong option against a strike-heavy comp. Thermites or EMP can also be used for peels if nothing else.

Team Dom: semi-meta. Tensor is still required, and it might be good enough that you'd keep one ship alive for a while, but ultimately it's still weak on nodes and that kills the possibility of it having a role the entire match.

T1 bomber (Rampart/Razorwire)

Solo TDM: non-meta. It has nothing useful for TDM other ships don't have a better version of. That's it, really.

Solo Dom: semi-meta (?). I won't be flying it solo, that's for sure, but I'm still glad when someone uses it... EMP and an abundance of AP make it extremely weak, but a beacon is a beacon.

Team TDM: non-meta. Same as above.

Team Dom: full meta. You can sync beacons, and that makes all the difference in the world when flying a squishy beacon platform. Dying isn't as bad when you don't have to trudge across the map in a bomber after a 15 second wait.

T2 bomber (Warcarrier/Legion)

Solo TDM: full meta. Repairs, drones, mines, HLC. Still great, just sit off the nest to avoid EMP scouts and missiles.

Solo Dom: semi-meta. It's better than before arguably due to interdiction drones being more important with the rise of strikes, but EMP cripples it and it has less utility than the T1.

Team TDM: full meta. Nothing has changed here.

T3 bomber (Sledgehammer/Decimus)

non-meta everywhere. It lacks the ability to DPS compared to strikes and scouts and lacks the utility compared to bombers. Nowhere does it shine. Even though it's not as bad as it was, I think that it having nothing going for it makes it non-meta.

T1 gunship (Quarrel/Mangler)

Solo TDM: full meta. Ions are weaker, but still great. Slugs are even better on centered shots, and even plasmas can be useful if you're building a TDM build. This ship is weaker than it was, but still plenty strong.

Solo Dom: full meta. Ions are slightly worse for clearing nodes but they're still very much usable, and BLC are great when trying to finish a bomber off. It's still pretty much a standard ship to field in Dom.

Team TDM: full meta. Nothing to add here.

Team Dom: full meta. Nothing to add here.

T2 gunship (Comet breaker/Dustmaker)

Solo TDM: full meta. Either a plasma/slug platform with directionals/fortress instead of DF, or a rail/torp platform. Either way, HLC are great and can be used for finishing off targets reliably. Torpedoes are great at forcing enemy gunships to retreat.

Solo Dom: non-meta. No team utility, bad at CQC due to lack of CQC blasters or secondaries.

Team TDM: full meta. Nothing to add here.

Team Dom: non-meta. Nothing to add here.

T3 gunship (Condor/Jurgoran)

Solo TDM: full meta. Interdiction missiles are amazing against strikes especially, slugs are still great if you are centered, and retros or PD are both great options. It's slightly weaker against scouts at range, but makes up for it in the new close-range strengths.

Solo Dom: non-meta. Now more than ever, if you want a close and long-range hybrid ship, fly a strike. It does offer some utility with EMP or interdiction missiles, but that doesn't seem to be nearly enough.

Team TDM: full meta. Still a great peeling ship, still the most mobile gunship.

Team Dom: semi-meta. An argument can be made for it here, because the slight utility it brings has a larger impact when a team is benefitting of it. I don't think that's enough though.
Posted Nov 6, 17 · OP
List
Undo
Votes:
+266
Level 6
LEVEL 6
Fleet Captain
Blasters

All are good, some are great.

Best for Dom: BLC, RFLC, HLC.
Best for TDM: HLC, Quads, BLC.

Weakest for Dom: LC, Quads, LLC.
Weakest for TDM: none.

Missiles

Cluster missiles

Great for peeling, forcing breaks, and killing weakened (non-CP) targets. Powerful on any ship that can have them. full meta.

Concussion missiles

Solid burst damage, shield piercing, and AP or slow + drain. Good at controlling targets. Powerful on the T1 strike mainly, ok on the T2 strike as well. full meta in TDM, semi-meta in Dom.

Ion missiles

The damage is good, the range is great, the arc and lock are good, the reload is slightly long. They're still good in both modes for both DPS and control. I've gotten quite a few kills on players on the upper end of the skill spectrum with them. Great on the T2 strike, good on any other ship that can have them.full meta.

EMP missiles

Spammable, high damage and long disables. Nothing to add here. full meta.

Proton torpedoes

They one-shot scouts, and can one-shot gunships and strikes as well if you get lucky with crits. They are fairly spammable for their range, lock and reload times, which makes them almost too good in TDM. In Dom, they lack utility and can be reliably broken on nodes via LoS. Great on the T2 strike and GS, not bad on other ships either. full meta in TDM, semi-meta in Dom.

Thermite torpedoes

While they have only been buffed, there's no real reason to take them now that all ships have AP on their blasters. They also have short range compared to their proton brethren. semi-meta.

Sabotage probes

The lock time is way too long to be of any use in serious matches. You could kill a target with BLC/LLC and pods by the time you're done locking. non-meta.

That's it for now, feel free to add other non-weapon components if you want to discuss them as well.
Posted Nov 6, 17 · OP
List
Undo
Votes:
+398
Level 7
LEVEL 7
SRW Recruit
1yxgbg.jpg
Posted Nov 6, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+223
Level 6
LEVEL 6
Fleet Admiral
I agree with most of this. Here are some of my differing opinions:

-T1 Scout in domination is meta in both solo and team play. While you may not want to field the ship for the entire game, it excels at quickly taking an "off node" defended by just a bomber (especially a tick bomber). This is a fairly common occurrence. I'll often switch into the T1 Scout, quickly cap the node, and then switch back to the T2 scout on the next death. If you play the ship for the entire game, I think it can fill a similar role to the EMP T2 Strike except it has the ability to chase and finish off bombers circling a node (RFL or LLC). The T2 Strike is better against Battlescouts and other Strikes, but the T1 Scout is better against bombers. They're about equally strong against gunships.

- I think cluster missile, EMP missile, and proton torpedo are the only missiles worth using. I hate using ion missile because I find that it barely ever hits full shields (HLC shots strip the shields before the ion connects). IMO that makes them a bit worse than concussion missiles. Comparing concussion missiles to cluster missiles -- they barely do more damage, the lockon time is almost double, and the reload time is much longer. The only true advantage of concussions is the AP, but your HLC can do that task much better anyways. I suppose the longer range of the concussions is worth mentioning, but it hardly ever seems to make a difference for me. The HLC/conc ranges line up nicely, but I usually don't lock the missile at the same time as shooting HLC because that puts the enemy pilot into panic mode. Panic mode means that I land less HLC shots. In considering using thermites on a scout, I just can't see any situation where you'd want them over EMP missile or rocket pods. And there's no reason to use them on a ship that offers protons.

- LLC are half decent in domination. They are essentially a weak version of BLC (lower DPSh, no AP), but they are worth using on the T1 scout and T3 scout if you don't need the AP of RFL. They're noticeably much stronger than RFL against non CP targets. And your rocket pods are more than capable at dealing with turrets.
Posted Nov 7, 17 · Last edited Nov 8, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+266
Level 6
LEVEL 6
Fleet Captain
I guess I only considered a ship full meta if someone would realistically field it for an entire game. Tensor is crucial for Dom, but no one sticks with it after the first death (if they didn't self destruct). I don't think it's worthwhile to fly the T1 scout for an entire game. If there is one bomber on a node you'll probably kill them, but if there are two you won't. A T2/3 strike will though, and it won't even be hard due to how easy it is to spam EMP. I also feel the T1/2 strikes are superior against gunships, because of their insane range on HLC and the high damage on them.

I use ion missiles constantly, and I don't think they're bad at all. The main feature is the drain + slow, but their damage is nothing to ignore either even against hull. The range is way better than concussions/clusters, and if nothing else they're great on a T2 strike to waste a break for your other missile. Concussions are good too, in fact I got a damage record with them. Their DPS is lower than clusters, but their damage is significantly higher (25% on targets with no armor, more on targets with DR if you take armor ignore) and the slow + drain is a great utility. I think they're used in a different way than clusters -- clusters are supplementary DPS, concussions are utility.

I agree LLC are ok in Dom, but I wouldn't list them as better than RFLC because if you do run into a CP strike or bomber, you'll have some issues. I still see them around.
Posted Nov 8, 17 · OP
List
Undo
Votes:
+223
Level 6
LEVEL 6
Fleet Admiral
I guess I only considered a ship full meta if someone would realistically field it for an entire game. Tensor is crucial for Dom, but no one sticks with it after the first death (if they didn't self destruct). I don't think it's worthwhile to fly the T1 scout for an entire game. If there is one bomber on a node you'll probably kill them, but if there are two you won't. A T2/3 strike will though, and it won't even be hard due to how easy it is to spam EMP. I also feel the T1/2 strikes are superior against gunships, because of their insane range on HLC and the high damage on them.

I think this is actually one of the few situations where the EMP scout is better than the Battlescout. The Battlescout excels at killing a single non-entrenched bomber on a node, but fighting two or more bombers is a lot trickier because you will often get hit by an interdiction mine. I like the EMP scout better in these situations because the threat of mines is much lower (mines cleared, interdiction drops disabled). It takes a bit longer to kill the bombers, but the risk is lower. Also, killing a good bomber with a T2 Strike usually requires you to get off the node, and that is a huge drawback. Especially if you are solo queuing and you need to play every role. The T1 Scout can wreck bombers just as easily (IMO) while holding the node blue or green. I do agree that the T2 strike is better at killing gunships, but the scout isn't bad here either.

EDIT: Also I think the T1 Strike is better at solo queuing in dom than the T2 Strike because of its ability to kill stuff without leaving the node. Retro, double turning, RFL, and clusters are actually surprisingly good on a node. I dislike using ion blasters, but in the right hands this could potentially be a really good component on the node. I keep the HLC so that I can still be a powerhouse at long range. The Battlescout is still the master at node fighting, though.

Quote:
I use ion missiles constantly, and I don't think they're bad at all. The main feature is the drain + slow, but their damage is nothing to ignore either even against hull. The range is way better than concussions/clusters, and if nothing else they're great on a T2 strike to waste a break for your other missile. Concussions are good too, in fact I got a damage record with them. Their DPS is lower than clusters, but their damage is significantly higher (25% on targets with no armor, more on targets with DR if you take armor ignore) and the slow + drain is a great utility. I think they're used in a different way than clusters -- clusters are supplementary DPS, concussions are utility.

Impressive game but I have a hard time believing you couldn't have done the same (or better) with clusters. You say that those missiles are utility and not DPS. I agree, but if you want utility why not use EMP missile? The engine snares feel almost worthless to me. When I've been hit with the ion missile and conc missile snares I'm honestly very happy because I thought I may have been hit by a proton. I just get to LoS for a few seconds, regenerate shields, and I'm back in the battle unscathed. I suppose you can call them semi-meta because clearly you can put up good numbers with them. I just don't think they're great against good pilots. The difficulty of landing one is similar to the difficulty of landing a proton, but the payoff is tremendously less. Some might argue that the proton is actually easier to land because the range is longer.

Quote:
I agree LLC are ok in Dom, but I wouldn't list them as better than RFLC because if you do run into a CP strike or bomber, you'll have some issues. I still see them around.

I agree that LLC vs CP is a bit of an issue, but EMP really reduces the amount of CP targets you have to fight. Currently I think the best choice is to run EMP+LLC on your bar but avoid using it if there are more than 1 or 2 CP ships on the other team. If you're running into a lot of CP then yea I'd switch to RFL for the next game. LLC is better against the T2 bomber, which you see a lot of in a typical PUG game. In a premade vs. premade fight I think RFL is the easy choice because you're likely to see a lot more T1 bombers.
Posted Nov 8, 17 · Last edited Nov 8, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+398
Level 7
LEVEL 7
SRW Recruit
It's a sad day when someone says a Clarion is more meta than a Spearpoint.

Frustrating that you suggest the meta for T3S being sensor beacon in tdm when everyone will still expect you to have tensor for dom. Is the sacrifice worth it for tdm? Not really. It's still my favorite ship and I'll fly it when I can, but people justify a ship by the damage it can put out while surviving and in that regard it's a weak ship. Forget the buffs/debuffs, that stuff doesn't show up on a scoreboard. It's a ship that was meant to be paired with teammates, and most think the loss of dps isn't worth the sacrifice.

In the few games I have played I find myself in a bomber more than the other ships because most people refuse to fly one now. I rarely get in a gunship anymore, not because it's changed much...mainly because it's the same boring thing it already was. Can't escape being forced into gs chess though, sadly. I don't feel the desire to fly a strike now, actually it's more the opposite. Feels like putting training wheels on now. They're good for new players in some ways (no longer a trap ship) and I'm glad they got some buffs, but I think it would hinder me improving myself at this point. The sad part is having a bunch of new players in strikes doesn't encourage them to learn to use teamwork or ptfo. Instead they chase kills around the map and forget objectives. I'm seeing less defending of nodes in general and less communication/call outs. I want to see people choosing a class and playing it to help their team. Synergy between classes, not just stacking of fotm to top scoreboards.
Selfish game play bores me.

X9V1k.gif

I don't really agree with your meta diagnosis on some ships CS, but I haven't put in nearly as many games since the update as you either. Before this update we proved we could substitute in strikes pre-buffs in serious 8v8 matches. An organized team can make almost anything work, even vs another organized team. I'm not sure if having a ship with an asterisk next to it explaining in fine print certain situations where it is "pretty good" as making it meta. I do hope there will be more adjustments made to GSF in the future. We'll see I guess.
Posted Nov 8, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+19
Level 1
LEVEL 1
SRW Recruit
Quote:
T3 strike (Clarion/Imperium)

Solo TDM: semi-meta. It doesn't offer as much support as a T2 bomber, and isn't nearly as threatening as other strikes or scouts. It's not horrible, but I don't really see it as being an optimal choice even if you deck your ship for full offensive output.

Solo Dom: full meta. As a node-holder, this ship is the best bar none. 49% passive DR, repairs, a missile break that doesn't force it to leave the node as well as RFLC and EMP to clear enemy CP targets (or any target up close). It can also take nodes quite efficiently alone and it's hard to kill. If there's EMP around I feel it's better than a T1 bomber.

Team TDM: full meta (?). I haven't flown with it in a team yet, and haven't seen it flown by teams against equal skill -- or rather, I've seen teams ditch it when the going gets tough. That being said, I think it has potential as a tank. It can't really be ignored once it's in range, and it can take a lot of punishment. Needs testing.

Team Dom: full meta. Same as solo Dom really, only you might be able to sync repairs with teammates. It might not be essential always, but it's probably not a bad idea to have one.

This is definitely a meta ship in domination, there is absolutely no doubt about that. I'd say it's essential to have one in any domination match. It has the perfect amount of survivability to solo hold/take nodes and its mobility range from a node is perfect for going after a gunship harassing it. It has the firepower and engines to keep gunships moving and dead.

TDM, both team and Solo, I call it semi-meta. It's good, but it's not quite there. Other Strikes outmatch it, but it can be quite a nuisance and provides really mobile repairs. I'd still take a bomber over it though.

Just my 2 cents.
OUvXrRJ.png

"...Cui non nova gloria nunc est quod rogat Aetius..." ~ Sidonius Apollinaris
Posted Nov 9, 17 · Last edited Nov 9, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+266
Level 6
LEVEL 6
Fleet Captain
wrote:
I think this is actually one of the few situations where the EMP scout is better than the Battlescout. The Battlescout excels at killing a single non-entrenched bomber on a node, but fighting two or more bombers is a lot trickier because you will often get hit by an interdiction mine. I like the EMP scout better in these situations because the threat of mines is much lower (mines cleared, interdiction drops disabled). It takes a bit longer to kill the bombers, but the risk is lower. Also, killing a good bomber with a T2 Strike usually requires you to get off the node, and that is a huge drawback. Especially if you are solo queuing and you need to play every role. The T1 Scout can wreck bombers just as easily (IMO) while holding the node blue or green. I do agree that the T2 strike is better at killing gunships, but the scout isn't bad here either.

EDIT: Also I think the T1 Strike is better at solo queuing in dom than the T2 Strike because of its ability to kill stuff without leaving the node. Retro, double turning, RFL, and clusters are actually surprisingly good on a node. I dislike using ion blasters, but in the right hands this could potentially be a really good component on the node. I keep the HLC so that I can still be a powerhouse at long range. The Battlescout is still the master at node fighting, though.

I flew the T2 scout for a bunch of matches to try it out. I feel like it's really powerful against gunships and non-CP strikes/bombers, but weak against CP as well as good scouts. It's decent in domination, but I don't see myself putting it on the bar for that when the T2 scout is better at many more things. It is better than I thought in TDM though, although I'm not sure it's actually fully meta. It's definitely the best choice when you're being focused at least.

I don't think the T1 strike is necessarily better than the T2 for Dom, it's about what role you're filling. The T1 is definitely better than the T2 at killing stuff on the node, but it can't clear nodes. I think of it as flying a T1 gunship or T2 scout.
wrote:
Impressive game but I have a hard time believing you couldn't have done the same (or better) with clusters. You say that those missiles are utility and not DPS. I agree, but if you want utility why not use EMP missile? The engine snares feel almost worthless to me. When I've been hit with the ion missile and conc missile snares I'm honestly very happy because I thought I may have been hit by a proton. I just get to LoS for a few seconds, regenerate shields, and I'm back in the battle unscathed. I suppose you can call them semi-meta because clearly you can put up good numbers with them. I just don't think they're great against good pilots. The difficulty of landing one is similar to the difficulty of landing a proton, but the payoff is tremendously less. Some might argue that the proton is actually easier to land because the range is longer.

I've tried clusters out, I don't like them on the T1 strike. My blasters out-range them, and it's bad for how I fly. Because I open with blasters only, and use missiles when they're running, clusters are limiting -- they only work at close ranges. The 7700m of concussions is a huge deal. If I could I'd take ion missiles on the T1 too. I don't think the snare is worthless at all, I've killed quite a few players like that. If they're low on engines, it also prevents a maneuver (good on barrel roll ships especially). Protons don't work for dogfighting at all, which is why I don't think they're really worthwhile on the T1 strike. You can't use protons at close range except on lazy targets (or someone engaged by another player), which makes them a lot less useful to me. The execute potential of concussions is a lot better than that of clusters because of the SP and higher damage, too. Land them on a strike with 18% hull and he's dead. I don't think raw DPS is a significant enough factor to rule them out.

Re: T1 scout -- do you take shield disable? That's an issue I have with that ship. If you take shield disable, strikes without CP (and to a lesser degree scouts and gunships) are not really bothered, but if you take engine disable you need to deal with CP. It can't be good against both at the same time.
Frustrating that you suggest the meta for T3S being sensor beacon in tdm when everyone will still expect you to have tensor for dom. Is the sacrifice worth it for tdm? Not really. It's still my favorite ship and I'll fly it when I can, but people justify a ship by the damage it can put out while surviving and in that regard it's a weak ship. Forget the buffs/debuffs, that stuff doesn't show up on a scoreboard. It's a ship that was meant to be paired with teammates, and most think the loss of dps isn't worth the sacrifice.

I think it's dumb that there isn't a CM T3 scout (or T1/2/3 strikes and T1 scout for that matter). All these ships benefit from vastly different builds for different game modes. I like having beacons on my team, but like you say -- when you're flying solo, you're usually about DPS and kills. I don't trust the queue to throw me in with players who know what they're doing, so the most support I'm willing to put on my bar for soloqueue is the T2 strike with EMP in Dom, or the T3 strike. Sensor beacons are a huge sacrifice in both survivability and damage/kills, so I'm not risking having a ship with them on my bar for the offchance my team is useful.

It sucks, but since the T1 bomber is now so much weaker, it's a contributing reason to why I took it off my bar.
I'm not sure if having a ship with an asterisk next to it explaining in fine print certain situations where it is "pretty good" as making it meta. I do hope there will be more adjustments made to GSF in the future. We'll see I guess.

I agree with this. When I say "semi-meta" I mean it's a decent ship that you probably won't field in serious matches. Kind of like the T1 scout was before the patch. A good ship that can definitely do stuff, but you never really saw it in our real matches because it was outshined by the T2.
wrote:
TDM, both team and Solo, I call it semi-meta. It's good, but it's not quite there. Other Strikes outmatch it, but it can be quite a nuisance and provides really mobile repairs. I'd still take a bomber over it though.

I haven't tried it as a team yet, so I don't know about that. Mobile repairs are not a real advantage at all in my opinion, they're weaker than the drone and harder to use. This is why I consider the ship a tank -- use the repairs selfishly and draw focus.
Posted Nov 10, 17 · OP · Last edited Nov 10, 17
Votes:
+19
Level 1
LEVEL 1
SRW Recruit
I was talking about using the repairs selfishly, but it's really useful in a furball, and there's a lot more furballs now in gameplay than there used to be.
OUvXrRJ.png

"...Cui non nova gloria nunc est quod rogat Aetius..." ~ Sidonius Apollinaris
Posted Nov 10, 17
Page
of 4
NoticeNotices