CC vs. TT (for primaries)

5 replies
Votes:
+266
Level 6
LEVEL 6
Fleet Captain
Thinking about CC or TT on the T3 scout, here's the deal:

TT - 10% accuract, 15% crit chance, 25% crit magnitude, 8% evasion, affects secondaries (irrelevant).

CC - 20% accuracy, 7% crit chance, weapon power regen (1.25/second).

So, for 100% accuracy on a target, TT offers an 11.25% DPS increase, while CC offers a 3.5% DPS increase because CC's main attribute is the accuracy. However, this evens out at 17% evasion - meaning that for any target that has more evasion than that against you (depending on range, blaster, capacitor and deflection of course) CC beats TT on average.

For LC, 100% accuracy is achieved at 3570m (damage/freq. cap.) or 3910m (range cap.).
For quads, 100% accuracy is achieved at 3360m (damage/freq. cap.) or 3680m (range cap.).

So, for the T3 scout (no secondaries so to speak of) CC is way better offensively. The only sacrifice is 8% evasion, and I think that with disto and RI it can be bypassed.
Posted May 25, 17 · OP
Votes:
+223
Level 6
LEVEL 6
Fleet Admiral
Interesting, it sounds like CC is quite a bit better in single engagements against another scout or a distortion field gunship. But TT is better at these single engagements against bombers, condors, feedback gunships, strikes, and anyone that doesn't run evasion.

However, I think TT is still a way better choice because the downtime is less (15 seconds TT vs. 36 seconds CC). Often you use CC and only kill 1 or 2 targets, then it's almost finished by the time you start shooting your 3rd target. With TT you kill the first two targets and the cooldown is finished. Then by the time you get to your 3rd target, the cooldown is ready again.

Also that 8% evasion is super important. If I had to choose between TT 8% evasion with 15 second downtime or running interference 15% evasion with 40 second downtime, I think I would choose TT. TT+wingman or even TT+concentrated fire will likely give you better survivabilty than CC+RI. I guess it comes down to playstyle too. If you are patient and wait 40 seconds in between attack runs, CC+RI would probably be better. And you could also go grab an engine orb in the meantime.

All that being said, if you can buff even 1 scout teammate with CC then I think CC is better. If you buff 2 other scouts then it's an automatic win. Imagine CC was available on the T2 scout. Packs of three T2 BLC scouts would be unstoppable. One with CC+RI, the other two with TT+RI or TT+ concentrated fire or TT+wingman (although 50% accuracy debuff is probably redundant unless shooting through DF).
Posted May 25, 17 · Last edited May 25, 17
Votes:
+266
Level 6
LEVEL 6
Fleet Captain
I guess my issue with TT on the T3 is that you probably won't be killing anything either way with it, so a reliable damage source seems better to me. Against an evasion scout for example, even if you're shooting at them from 500m and they haven't popped a single evasion cooldown, CC still breaks even with TT. If they have TT/RI/disto/retros, CC is flat out better.

I agree that the 8% evasion is a loss, but I think this ship can be flown differently. RI has the same cooldown as CC, you can use them together mostly. This will mean you have 20 seconds out of every minute you can fly offensively, and 40 seconds of mostly downtime (opportunistic damage reliant on disto mostly). And as you say, engine orbs are basically another RI you can have all the time if you find them.

I'll experiment with that build a bit and see how it goes.
Posted May 25, 17 · OP
Votes:
+223
Level 6
LEVEL 6
Fleet Admiral
I think if you make good use of that 40 second downtime then it might be worthwhile. 40 seconds should be more than enough time to get all 4 orbs.
Posted May 25, 17
Votes:
+223
Level 6
LEVEL 6
Fleet Admiral
I think if you want to actually kill good pilots with it, CC+wingman will actually work. You can surprise scouts with it by shooting through their retro and/or DF. But any good pilot will likely only fall for that trick once. However, you do have enough accuracy to actually chase down and kill gunships with high deflection tap shots.
Posted May 25, 17 · Last edited May 25, 17
Votes:
+266
Level 6
LEVEL 6
Fleet Captain
I rechecked the math when accounting for base crit chances (BLC has 5%, any other blaster that can get TT can have 8%), and the results are almost the same - for BLC and the crit upgrade, your target will need 18% evasion against you for CC to catch up with TT.

So I still feel like CC is a viable choice. Especially if you can buff your teammates.
Posted May 26, 17 · OP
NoticeNotices