of 11

Comparing capacitors

101 replies
Votes:
+266
Level 6
LEVEL 6
Fleet Captain
I guess if you don't need clusters or booster recharge that's basically the only difference left to do. It's small, but noticeable. I often regret having frequency over range or vice versa.

Regarding Range on LC/Quads, I agree that if you want the extra range it's a reason. I personally don't really feel it, but my lag and ping might account for that.
Posted May 29, 17 · OP · Last edited May 29, 17
Votes:
+223
Level 6
LEVEL 6
Fleet Admiral
Yea I think booster recharge is great for real 8v8 but even in a 4 man team I think you need TT because you'll probably need to be carrying your other 4 teammates. Which means you need the node fighting ability, sustained DPS, and evasion. Same thing with clusters, they're awesome for peeling scouts in a real 8v8, but I think you typically need the pods to carry because you need the DPS and you need to be able to kill turrets and drones easily.

I don't think range is worth using on LC/novadive because it doesn't have retro. I think it's great on quads/battlescout because it lets you get in 2-3 more shots if you go out of range with retros. Even if you always use retro perfectly, there are situations where it makes sense to put yourself into 5750m range with retros, and I find that happens often enough that it's worthwhile.

That being said, quad/pod/retro doesn't seem to have a purpose above BLC/pod/retro. It's a dead build as far as I'm concerned. The DPS is great but it just doesn't have the versatility. Quads give you moderately better DPS when you surprise targets, but BLC lets you tightly hold a node while killing everything on it (including CP bombers), chase down and finish kills on problem gunships, kill good scout pilots, kill turrets/drones faster, and actually kill evasive T2 bombers in TDM. Quad/pod and laser/pod are builds that almost entirely rely on the enemy not realizing you are nearby. If your enemy is good and aware, they're nearly useless.
Posted May 29, 17 · Last edited May 29, 17
Page
of 11
NoticeNotices