of 5

GSF School YouTube Channel

49 replies
Votes:
+266
Level 6
LEVEL 6
Fleet Captain
Apart for the fact that the editing is (as always) astounding and the tips both Mika and you give out are on point, I get the feeling Stock Ship is the Batman of the Republic... Not the hero they need, but the one they deserve. Excellent work!

Also, great backstory. I too like napping as a reward for a job well done.
Posted Jan 24, 17
Votes:
+11
Level 1
LEVEL 1
SRW Recruit
GSF School was good - but this takes it to another level - 10/10, would watch just for the intro and outro.
Posted Jan 24, 17
Votes:
+136
Level 5
LEVEL 5
Fleet Lieutenant
Another excellent video.

One question: Are you sure that barrel roll costs 40 engine power stock?
I thought it was 30, but realized that I have no idea why I thought that, so I tried looking for it.

Patch notes for patch 2.7 only indicate that the cost was increased, but not how much.
http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/482014/game-update-2.7-invasion

Datamining of the PTS doesn't show the cost either.
https://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comments/1ytoke/swtormined_patch_27_pts_patch_2242014/

Neither does Jedipedia.
https://swtor.jedipedia.net/en/abl/barrel-roll

None of the results from the GSF forums had numbers either.
Posted Jan 24, 17
Votes:
+56
Level 3
LEVEL 3
SRW Recruit
Thanks for watching, I'm glad you've all found the the video worthwhile!

Mika says it is 35 power but that's a guess by how much it depletes the engine bar when used. We recorded the episode at 3am, he doesn't even remember saying that it was 40. But it suffices to inform people that it is 'a lot' and that you should reduce it ASAP with the upgrade. GSF does have a habit of hiding numbers.
Posted Jan 25, 17 · OP
List
Undo
Votes:
+9
SRW Recruit
That was really good. I can only hope that everyone watches that. One thing I would say about that death near the end, you say it's ok since you get to respawn with full ammo, and I agree with that. But I would also say that it also had the positive effect that it got that bomber to drop it's junk in a otherwise bad location, which can be a noticeable advantage for your team as well. Scaring bombers en route and bugging out once they drop their drones in a bad spot is something you can do with surprisingly good effect even when stock.
Posted Jan 26, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+56
Level 3
LEVEL 3
SRW Recruit
Yep, I totally agree with that. I'll often fly past B on LS or KM dom in the opening moment to intercept enemy bombers with precisely that intent. Even if you don't kill them on the first pass they'll often just drop stuff in open space, which is far better then them using it when they get to the satellite. Additionally, on KM they'll often drop their beacon outside B, and you can pick it off before circling back to take out the bomber.
Posted Jan 26, 17 · OP
Votes:
+15
Level 1
LEVEL 1
SRW Ensign

This episode is so fantastic!
All your explanations on targeting, evasion, armor. Great! Absolutely great!
So much in it that usually keeps newbies feeling puzzled.
This is definitely the best approach on telling people how those mechanics work.
Thank you for creating this video.
Bioware should pay you two for this and put this series onto the official website.
Posted Jan 29, 17
Votes:
+56
Level 3
LEVEL 3
SRW Recruit
Vector suggested I do some videos targeted at the very very new player, so:

Movement 101
Weapons 101

I'll be adding a Survival 101 to that series, too, eventually.

Back to more Stock Ship, Breakdowns, and more advanced-player material coming up as well!

- Despon
Posted Feb 10, 17 · OP · Last edited Feb 10, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+136
Level 5
LEVEL 5
Fleet Lieutenant
Nice job, this is exactly the type of video I was thinking about when I made the suggestion.
Posted Feb 12, 17
Votes:
+223
Level 6
LEVEL 6
Fleet Admiral
The hardest working guy in GSF
Posted Feb 15, 17
Page
of 5
NoticeNotices