of 7

Non Meta Night

65 replies
Votes:
+266
Level 6
LEVEL 6
Fleet Captain
The TRE event was flawed. They only banned ship types - T1/3 GS, T1/2 bomber, T2 scout. This opens many llopholes that were used. The T2 GS is still a GS if it has slugs, the T1 scout is a quads/pods variant with TT.

I think this event would b interesting to see. The T1 scout is the only ship that might be problematic (lasers/pods is decent, and 3 missile breaks are always strong). I'll participate if I'll be available.
Posted Oct 19, 16
List
Undo
Votes:
+223
Level 6
LEVEL 6
Fleet Admiral
That's a good point, but I think a CP Quell would counter the Blackbolt. The Blackbolt would need to either land a ton of pods or have EMP set to disable shields (and have good timing) in order to win that battle. But I think EMP set to disable engines would generally be more useful for the team as a whole. I really like the idea of a Blackbolt and a Dustmaker working together to kill a strong CP Quell or Imperium with the plasma debuff.

Even a Rycer with HLC/cluster/retro would be quite good against the Blackbolt. I see the Rycer as being the new node dominator. It would kinda play the role that the Battlescout currently plays.
Posted Oct 19, 16 · OP · Last edited Oct 19, 16
Votes:
+223
Level 6
LEVEL 6
Fleet Admiral
Another thing that would be pretty neat would be that you could have one of your gunships use the DR debuff on plasma and mostly shoot at targets like Quells and Imperiums. The other gunship on your team could use the evasion debuff and mostly shoot at scouts and high evasion legions. I could see a strong team being composed of 2 gunships, 2 scouts, 3 strikes, and a bomber.
Votes:
+8
SRW Recruit
wrote:
They would form the core of every team with a few support ships mixed in.
ehem you don't need the legion for that. Because there is the ... wait for it... Bloodmark or Imperium for healing and the Decimus for holding the node (it has mines ord drones).

MaulKat How were those events?

Because there is CP muhahahaha. Joke aside that build on the Blackbolt is rather good but still has its shortcomings if you get close withe the T1 strike you might have good chances because it is rather hard to hit with LCs in a dogfight. The other Strikes have CP against it so the LC can be ignored.
Posted Oct 19, 16 · Last edited Oct 19, 16
Votes:
+223
Level 6
LEVEL 6
Fleet Admiral
True you don't need the Legion, but having a ship that fills the role of 2 separate ships is not a thing to be ignored.
Posted Oct 19, 16 · OP
Votes:
+8
SRW Recruit
That'S why I considered it to be in the meta?
Posted Oct 19, 16
Votes:
+9
SRW Recruit
I'll join. Prefer TRE, cause I have reqd ships there. The Thranta non-meta was great fun, still remember the starting dom where both teams had 200 something points and B was still white. But dustmaker with slug was op then, so agree that it should be out.
Posted Oct 19, 16
List
Undo
Votes:
+223
Level 6
LEVEL 6
Fleet Admiral
That'S why I considered it to be in the meta?

True but I think it adds another dynamic to the game and the missile sentry is quite weak compared to the other choices.
Posted Oct 19, 16 · OP
Votes:
+8
SRW Recruit
yeah but if you go for th emissile sentry it will only one ship replacing it?
Since the only keypoint is the healing in this case? So it can be substituted by T3 Scout/Strike
Posted Oct 19, 16
Votes:
+223
Level 6
LEVEL 6
Fleet Admiral
I just think it would be more fun having the Legion available. It gives people more options, not every wants to fly the Bloodmark. And maybe they want to fly the Bloodmark with DF instead.

The CP builds will be very strong against seeker mines and missile sentry drone so I don't think it would be an issue.
Page
of 7
NoticeNotices