of 7

Non Meta Night

65 replies
Votes:
+223
Level 6
LEVEL 6
Fleet Admiral
Does anyone have any interest in organizing a night for flying a different meta? We could do this on TRE or Harb (or both). The idea would be to replace "OP" things like ion, hyperspace beacon stacking, TDM GS/bomberball, BLC, and slug railgun to open up other ship possibilities and setups.

Banned Ships:
Sting/Flashfire/Cartel
Mangler/Quarrel/Cartel
Razorwire/Rampart
Jurgoran/Condor

Legal Ships:
Blackbolt/Novadive with EMP (no TT allowed)
Bloodmark/Spearpoint
Legion/Warcarrier with missile sentry drone (no railgun or interdiction drone allowed)
Decimus/Sledgehammer
Rycer/Starguard/Cartel
Quell/Pike
Imperium/Clarion
Dustmaker/Cometbreaker/Cartel with plasma/missiles (no slug allowed)

We could also simplify it a bit and just put Legion/Warcarrier and Blackbolt/Novadive on the banned list and have no restrictions on the Dustmaker. but I think the meta of EMP countering missile sentry drone + seeker mines is rather cool. And the Legion + Dustmaker combo would be neat because it would still be kinda tough to take down, but without slug it wouldn't be OP enough that it turns games into GS chess. Plasma is useful but you'd need to also use your heavy lasers to finish off targets. If we allowed T2 GS in its full capacity without bomber support it might ok but it's hard to say. That ship's main counters are ion railgun and BLC scouts.

What do you think?
Posted Oct 19, 16 · OP · Last edited Oct 19, 16
List
Undo
Votes:
+8
SRW Recruit
Sounds nice =D
This would be a perfect opportunity to use my CP strikes xD
hrmm but due to the lack of blcs and slugs wouldn't CP on T2 and T3 strike overpowered?
They still can get 95% reduction.
Posted Oct 19, 16
Votes:
+223
Level 6
LEVEL 6
Fleet Admiral
I was wondering about that as well. But there are still 5 ships that would likely be running HLC. Dustmaker, Decimus, Rycer, Quell, and Legion. And the Blackbolt would run pods.

Also remember that plasma has an option for 20% debuff on CP. I think it would really open up strategy and team composition countering more than ever. Keeping CP is neat because it offers another decent counter to seeker mine/drone spam in case your team doesn't have any EMP. With the current meta none of that stuff matters because you just ion AoE everything.
Votes:
+223
Level 6
LEVEL 6
Fleet Admiral
We could even consider allowing razorwire with only seeker mines and ion mines.
Votes:
+8
SRW Recruit
To be more specific in what I think about this idea. I really like the idea to what would happen if the current meta is bugged or the ships got nerved, which might never happen as far as bioware is concerned. Would CP strikes dominate the field? is it the moment for the dustmaker to get rid of its dust and shine? It would be funny if it could be advertised on the servers and held throughout the day with a switch between harb to tre at some time.

Concerning the bann list:
I would rather add the legion to the list and allow the jurgoran to participate. My reasonings are the following. In tdm meta games there is at least one Legion participating for the repair support (as far as I know). The same is true for Dom where it is home with it's drones, too. Personally I always counted the T2 bomber as part of the meta ships. The condor on the otherhand is a ship that you rarely see in games except pilots flying it for fun. Thus I would allow it to be used. In my opinion the same could be said for the T1 scout since it lags firepower in comparision to the T2 scouts (Quads beats LC xD).
Posted Oct 19, 16
Votes:
+223
Level 6
LEVEL 6
Fleet Admiral
IMO the Condor is actually stronger than the Mangler in TDM.
Posted Oct 19, 16 · OP
Votes:
+8
SRW Recruit
realy? ok then that makes sense. Are there anyother ships I'm missing in my meta definition?

edit:
wrote:
We could even consider allowing razorwire with only seeker mines and ion mines.

I don't thing that is necessary since there still is the T3 bomber with ion mines. An alternativ to prohibiting the meta ships would be to ban the meta shipbuilds which might lead to creative new builds XD
Posted Oct 19, 16 · Last edited Oct 19, 16
Votes:
+223
Level 6
LEVEL 6
Fleet Admiral
Yea and Vexxial's Condor is already insanely powerful in domination. I cringe to think about trying to kill him without ion railgun or BLC.

We could allow the Condor with no slug railgun. BLC/cluster/interdiction would probably make it the best dogfighter. It actually might be too strong even like that.

The T2 scout? There would be a ton of things that you'd need to ban. Even booster recharge, quad/pod, retro, and wingman is a meta build. You'd have to ban TT, BLC, retro thrusters, and maybe even blaster overcharge. What you're left with is a ship that looks pretty similar to the Blackbolt anyway.

You could possibly allow the Mangler with only plasma railgun and BLC.

What I was kind of hoping for with this idea was that Strikes would work as intended. They would form the core of every team with a few support ships mixed in. Legion for holding nodes and healing. The scout (Blackbolt) would be more of a support ship for taking out mines/drones and debuffing enemies. The Dustmaker would be a solid range support with plasma debuffs.

If Strikes/CP dominated then we might actually see people using concussion missiles too.
Votes:
+33
Level 2
LEVEL 2
SRW Recruit
Two such events were held: one on Harb and the other on TRE. The ships banned were T1 GS and bomber, T2 scout and bomber and T3 GS as well as any CC equals. Allowed ships of any build were T1 scout, T2 GS, T3 scout and bomber as well as any SF and CC equals.
People asked about alt builds for T1 and T3 GS, but I chose to keep them out of the Harb event and I think TRE did the same.
Posted Oct 19, 16
Votes:
+223
Level 6
LEVEL 6
Fleet Admiral
I think that's the easiest way to do it Maulkat. But probably less interesting. With that situation there's really no point using CP since there aren't a lot of mines around and since slug railgun counters it really hard.

Also why would you ever choose a Strike over a TT/LC/pod/wingman Blackbolt? That ship is pretty much meta.
Page
of 7
NoticeNotices