of 54

Close games

532 replies
Votes:
+40
Level 2
LEVEL 2
SRW Recruit
I still like clusters better, mostly because my aim is even worse with pods...
Posted Apr 10, 17
Votes:
+8
SRW Recruit
My stat accuracy dropped from average 60-70 % to 30 - 40 % when I switched from clusters to pods and even after some time, I rarely get close to 50 % now. :-d Still I do way more dmg with pods, I get more gunship kills, dealing with bombers it way easier and most importantly, my overall performance went up ever since I got used to the change. I'm not saying you should switch too, also I did more changes to my build simultaneously, so I believe it's not only about pods. My point is that you shouldn't worry about your aim, a) it could only be a weird feeling at the beginning, b) you shouldn't worry about aim in stats at all. Even with worse aim you can still perform better.
Posted Apr 11, 17
Votes:
+40
Level 2
LEVEL 2
SRW Recruit
My accuracy stats are okay (for me anyways), usually about 40-50 normally, which is just a little below my accuracy stats on gunship (normally 50-60), and it's about the same with pods and clusters (I have pods on most of my T2 scouts currently, as I try to get used to them). But I find it more difficult to put my cursor on what I'm attacking for some reason. I don't fire if I can't actually aim at them, so it doesn't affect stats, but it's obviously kind of frustrating and not exactly effective. Also, it's way harder when flying in the open (like in TDM), though I find pods better for domination since flying around the sats makes aiming less of a problem, and it's easy to deal massive damage to bombers.
Posted Apr 11, 17 · Last edited Apr 11, 17
Votes:
+8
SRW Recruit
Ah, so we have a cluster spammer here. :-d I always relied on BLC with cluster build, because most of the scouts and gunships have 2 lock on breaks, so I wasn't able to land a missile on them anyway -> I always had to put my cursor on my target that way. I have to admit that getting used to pods was very hard for me, even if I was using purely BLC as before, the lack of a lock on option somehow felt weird. :-d
Posted Apr 11, 17
Votes:
+33
Level 2
LEVEL 2
SRW Recruit
Long story short: I'm restarting the process of uploading the closest matches I've been a part of. Some of you may remember a similar post here some months back, but ultimately I was frustrated enough with the video quality/upload time to unlist the matches I put up.

The bad news is that the video quality is (still) quite awful, so I certainly would not recommend my channel for those bothered by that. If anyone has feedback/suggestions on the titles, descriptions, potential playlist ideas etc. (anything regarding YouTube, I can't really help the video quality) it would be very much appreciated.

That in mind, my first five uploads are public again, and I've uploaded five more in the last few days with the hope of continuing to upload until I run out of interesting matches. Most of them will be from quite some time ago, including today's upload from March of last year:
Posted Jun 9, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+19
Level 1
LEVEL 1
SRW Recruit
Sweet, look forward to watching.
OUvXrRJ.png

"...Cui non nova gloria nunc est quod rogat Aetius..." ~ Sidonius Apollinaris
Posted Jun 9, 17
Votes:
+40
Level 2
LEVEL 2
SRW Recruit
A very close one on the Progenitor:

Posted Jun 24, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+40
Level 2
LEVEL 2
SRW Recruit
One of the closer games yesterday against SRW.

Posted Jul 13, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+33
Level 2
LEVEL 2
SRW Recruit
I just published the two best matches from one night last October when Siraka dropped by JC.

I think these might be the only good match recordings I have with Siraka, but memorable nonetheless.
Posted Aug 29, 17
Votes:
+223
Level 6
LEVEL 6
Fleet Admiral
Nice games! I didn't know Enshrak was you but I could tell that pilot had skillz after he melted me at A at the beginning of the Mesas domination game. Unfortunately we didn't have a lot of face time against one another as it seemed like I always had to be somewhere else. I think running away was the right call in the domination game but I probably should have tried to engage you more in the TDM. I didn't realize you were chewing up my team so badly. That build looks really good for defending your allies in TDM. There were also a few times where those clusters were great peels for Zuck in that domination game, particularly when he was hitting B with ion. Were you using turning thrusters?
Posted Aug 29, 17 · Last edited Aug 29, 17
Page
of 54
NoticeNotices