Page
of 54

Close games

532 replies
Votes:
+8
SRW Recruit
What's the point of removing flytext?

I think Yowan had issues with significant FPS drop when recording and found out that removing flytext helps with that. I can't imagine flying without it myself, but perhaps Yowan got used to it and since he wants to record his games, it seems to be the only option for him anyway.
Posted Apr 2, 17
Votes:
+266
Level 6
LEVEL 6
Fleet Captain
Eudoxia maybe your team indeed lacked coordination, but I'm certain that you had a bad composition. It looks like you had 4 bombers, 1 GS and two new players.

Zuck is probably right. I've flown on both JC factions with the same people, and they're not factions hoppers like you'd see on Harb. Saying something like "the imp regulars are better at GSF than the pub regulars" is quite ridiculous, because the regulars fly both sides.

It's nice to see you out of the T3.
Posted Apr 2, 17 · OP
Votes:
+19
Level 1
LEVEL 1
SRW Recruit
Well like I said I actually only fly T3 strike on my Imp/Pub main. In my alts I fly various things, I have a mastered sting on one of them but I just don't do terribly well in it.

The composition was bad, and we lost coordination towards the end which allowed the imps to cap and hold the sides and win.
OUvXrRJ.png

"...Cui non nova gloria nunc est quod rogat Aetius..." ~ Sidonius Apollinaris
Posted Apr 2, 17
Votes:
+223
Level 6
LEVEL 6
Fleet Admiral
I can understand not doing as well with a BLC or pod based scout setup, but why not at least play Flashfire with quads and powerdive? It plays pretty similarly to your Clarion setup except it's actually a lot tankier than the Clarion against anything except mines. The Flashfire gets the added bonus of higher DPS and accuracy thanks to target telemetry. You also get cluster missiles instead of crap missiles, and probably twice as much engines.
Posted Apr 2, 17 · Last edited Apr 2, 17
Votes:
+19
Level 1
LEVEL 1
SRW Recruit
Well I do have a quads 'n' pods build Flashfire (because quads and clusters has no armor penetration) but I don't usually use it in favor of dogfighting builds. But I would probably be more effective as a gunship killer.
OUvXrRJ.png

Posted Apr 2, 17
Votes:
+353
Level 7
LEVEL 7
Fleet Administrator
Quads and pods is no good against most serious opposition. Nobody is going to sit there unless they are already beaten back and distracted, or relatively new.
Posted Apr 2, 17
Votes:
+223
Level 6
LEVEL 6
Fleet Admiral
Yea Quads n Pods is fun to say and it's certainly better than a Clarion, but it's not exactly optimal.
Posted Apr 2, 17
Votes:
+31
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Fleet Lieutenant
I disagree... I kill with quads and pods against these GS premades lately... they are overconfident in their support... they usually die trying :)
Posted Apr 9, 17
Votes:
+19
Level 1
LEVEL 1
SRW Recruit
Mika kicks ass with Pods and BLC. I think that's what he uses, at least.
OUvXrRJ.png

Posted Apr 9, 17
Votes:
+223
Level 6
LEVEL 6
Fleet Admiral
BLC/pods has been the standard for like 2 years.

I think at this point the biggest debate is between retro, barrel, and pdive. Or wingman vs running interference.
Posted Apr 9, 17 · Last edited Apr 9, 17
Page
of 54
NoticeNotices