of 15

The screenshot thread

149 replies
Votes:
+18
Level 1
LEVEL 1
SRW Recruit
I gotta agree with Nix. It's much more annoying to deal with fortress shield than dealing with DF. But that's from a scout's perspective.
Posted Apr 14, 16
Votes:
+134
Level 5
LEVEL 5
SRW Recruit
wrote:
Max I read the post about guns and fortress... trust me... I kill more with fortress being on than I ever did with DF... also... I like to pop it right when scouts think my shields are gone... and I zap their asses with my BLCs :p The way I use it is specialty engagements... I do it mainly for taking out other ion gunships without worry :) Also with the rise of type 2s using Plasma... it's basically ineffective against me also running deflection armor... the debuff on that is nothing compared to just a regular slug that ignores it... also anyone who isn't using BLCs / Heavies / Torps are in for a fight.

The excerpt I bolded is the one that made me lol.

We have a guy on JC who absolutely loves fortress. I argue with him constantly. I kill him about as frequently.

This isn't the place to debate fortress' merits (or lack thereof), but I'll say this: I'm sure it works fine against inexperienced gunship pilots (and those scouts you mentioned), and/or guys who don't realize you're using it.

But try it against me. I dare you. :-d
Posted Apr 14, 16
Votes:
+136
Level 5
LEVEL 5
Fleet Lieutenant
Another fun one. See if you can figure out what's wrong with this picture.
Are you in the enemy cap ship?
Also, why are you in F4?
One other thing, in many of these screenshots, I see no timestamps in the chat window.
wrote:
and speaking of close matches... i dare you to get a closer :p
I don't know if it's possible to get closer, but I can match that.
I don't remember much from the beginning of the game, but I remember how it ended.
We had B, they had A&C, we needed 2 to win, and I had just died at C with much of the enemy team there.
I respawned in a Blackbolt to try taking A, knowing that I would probably not be able to take it in time if there was even 1 competent defender, but that it was essentially our only chance at winning.
I cleared the turrets (I think rocket pods were the fastest way I knew to do this at the time, hence the Blackbolt) and started capping.
When the sat went neutral the score was tied around 990-990 and advancing apparently simultaneously.
We needed to finish capping to win, but I saw that enemies were approaching.
Then, Siddain flies right past the sat and engages the approaching enemies, distracting them so they wouldn't stop me from capping.
The node turned green at the last second to give us a 1000-999 win.
Attached Images
Posted Apr 15, 16 · Last edited Apr 15, 16
Votes:
+15
Level 1
LEVEL 1
SRW Recruit
Yeah, I saw you were "inside" enemy's mothership. You were reaaaaaally lucky. I once succeeded in getting somewhat behind it, briefly....
Posted Apr 15, 16
Votes:
+134
Level 5
LEVEL 5
SRW Recruit
wrote:
Yeah, I saw you were "inside" enemy's mothership. You were reaaaaaally lucky. I once succeeded in getting somewhat behind it, briefly....
You got it! But there's even more to it than that, which you can't glean from the screenshot. As you can see from the score, it was a roflstomp, and we were looking for ways to amuse ourselves. Siraka decided to try to drop a beacon inside the enemy's cap ship. With CP, and popping hydrospanner, he was just able to make it. Mission success! I'm not sure why the beacon doesn't show up on the map, it was definitely there. However, anyone using it was doomed to a near-instant SD. My first try, I was space dust in seconds, which I wasn't expecting. So this was my second attempt. Took that screenie just before my hull started to change color. Which explains...
Also, why are you in F4?
...only because I had neither the time (nor inclination) to change to F3 (or, really, do much of anything) before the inevitable SD.
Posted Apr 15, 16 · Last edited Apr 15, 16
Votes:
+223
Level 6
LEVEL 6
Fleet Admiral
When I'm using a scout and I see a fortress shield, my first thought is "cool, free kill!".

Imo the only use for fortress shield is on a mangler/quarrel that's sitting in a nice LoS spot and constantly spamming a satellite with ion. So basically it's only useful for the extra blaster power.
Posted Apr 15, 16
List
Undo
Votes:
+31
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Fleet Lieutenant
I excel at needing more blaster power... always... lol
Posted Apr 16, 16
Votes:
+45