The screenshot thread

149 replies
Votes:
+136
Level 5
LEVEL 5
Fleet Lieutenant
On JC.
IIRC, by the time we had taken 2 nodes, we needed to 3 cap to win, so I went for the 3rd sat.
I was able to keep it close by continually retaking lost nodes, but they were able to retake the other one across the map slightly faster than I could take nodes.
They couldn't kill me, but they didn't need to, they could just keep attacking the nodes I wasn't at.

Also, looking at the player names, wouldn't it be fun to have a 1v1 between Zasha Ranken and Bey'wan Aygo?

I grouped with Pikari afterwards and we decided to go pubside, because I wanted to fly my JC -srw char.
The next 2 screenshots are my 1st 2 games on Vector-srw on JC, obviously, on stock ships.

Majicdimund let me kill him with stock RFL/pods way more than I expected, I think 3-4 times.
He used Fortress shield, but didn't run or turn around to aim at me, so I could just sit there whittle down his shields, and eventually hull, until I killed him. One time I did that it was with RFLs only, because I had run out of pods.
This probably explains the 63% accuracy with RFLs -- lots of shots at a stationary target.
Attached Images
Posted Oct 12, 16
Votes:
+134
Level 5
LEVEL 5
SRW Recruit
Stock ships ftw. Nice work, 'vector. That RFL hit% is indeed preposterous.
Also, looking at the player names, wouldn't it be fun to have a 1v1 between Zasha Ranken and Bey'wan Aygo?
Ranken & Aygo have been pitted against one another in exactly one match. I was hunting him the entire time just so I could get a "Ranken destroys Aygo" screenie - and vice versa - but we never caught up to one another.

I know that fellow. We've discussed arranging a Fleet Admiral Throwdown but haven't gotten around to it.
Posted Oct 12, 16
Votes:
+6
SRW Recruit
Carry from last night TRE. Solo Q.
Attached Images
Posted Oct 13, 16 · Last edited Oct 13, 16
List
Undo
Votes:
+40
Level 2
LEVEL 2
SRW Recruit
1. I won all of the first 35 games I played on my Mangler on TRE.
2. My main has a permanent rakghoul plague that doesn't progress or do anything (this is from a while ago, but it's still the case). I wonder what would happen if it actually got the plague from someone else. Would it be immune because it already "has" it?

There was also a game last night in which I spent the whole time fighting random people off the nodes, several of them at a time (including multiple gunships lol), but I forgot to screenshot it. I would like to think I was distracting them because my team did manage to take a second satellite and hold it while I was doing that, but really I was just amusing myself.
Attached Images
Posted Oct 13, 16
Votes:
+136
Level 5
LEVEL 5
Fleet Lieutenant
1&2. Despite them having 5 gunships, this was not a gunship wall.

3. They had 6 gunships, but none went below the node to try to kill our bombers.
Attached Images
Posted Oct 21, 16
Votes:
+136
Level 5
LEVEL 5
Fleet Lieutenant
On JC last Sunday, my 1st time being accused of cheating in GSF, that I know of at least.

New record for self-destructs in a TDM?
Attached Images
Posted Oct 21, 16
List
Undo
Votes:
+134
Level 5
LEVEL 5
SRW Recruit
On JC last Sunday, my 1st time being accused of cheating in GSF, that I know of at least.

...and that person would not let it go. I missed the match in question, but I hung around after you left, and the bellyaching continued. It was absurd.

Some random screenies...last night, after getting smashed in a couple of doms by a bunch of pubs led by Siraka, we've gained a new entry in the GSF lexicon (this comment was made in response to "how are the matches going?"):
34yns60.jpg
For context, here's the match we'd just been siraka'd in:
16c0z0o.jpg
...and speaking of cheating, accusations were flying after this one. One guy thought it was suspect that Siraka was able to fly under "constant boost" and "every hit was a crit". As Oscar commented in 'vector's match...the battle hymn of the noob. I defended his honor but it was like shouting into the wind.

Unrelated - nothing new here, just found it amusing. The other night a few of us decided to go quelling, for lulz. Hadn't pulled out my Quell in a while; this one was set up just the way I like it:
21e9h06.jpg

And lastly, something else we've all seen before: here's one where I had to keep asking desperately in /ops "which sats do we need?!?"
ff08cj.jpg
Posted Oct 21, 16 · Last edited Oct 21, 16
List
Undo
Votes:
+266
Level 6
LEVEL 6
Fleet Captain
Man, that muat be the highest honor a player can recieve. The Purple Heart of GSF.

I'm envious of Siraka now...
Posted Oct 21, 16
Votes:
+398
Level 7
LEVEL 7
SRW Recruit
LOL Max...I don't even.
I'm scared of that Quell loadout.
Never seen that bottom bug before, maybe you have too many meat trees in your stronghold.

Interesting about the guy raging at you guys on JC with the impressive 30 SD streak. He applied to the forums. <.<
Posted Oct 21, 16
Votes:
+223
Level 6
LEVEL 6
Fleet Admiral
...and speaking of cheating, accusations were flying after this one. One guy thought it was suspect that Siraka was able to fly under "constant boost" and "every hit was a crit".

Lol! I was actually experimenting with a different build that match. I was running BLC/pod/booster recharge/barrel roll/20% turning, freq capacitor, and running interference. So yea I had pretty much unlimited boost, but only a 5% crit chance. I did land heaps of point blank BLCs, and I think the noise is glitched out when you tap the button fast. So I could see how that may come off as a crit. Good to know that build is strong enough to be considered a cheat! I guess you don't even need wingman for point blank shots.
Posted Oct 21, 16
Page
of 15
NoticeNotices