of 3

The rise of SRW, a GSF story

20 replies
Votes:
+40
Level 2
LEVEL 2
SRW Recruit
Wow, I missed a lot of interesting stuff happening. I remember the rogue folks but not any xi'ao group.
Posted Mar 19, 16
List
Undo
Votes:
+37
Level 2
LEVEL 2
SRW Recruit
I started flying around the tail end of Rogue Squad. Queued solo or with Gloraia, often against Xi'aos teams. It was pretty brutal, but also an excellent way to cut my teeth, and it offset the other rounds where an average Imp team was still crushed by Pubs.

At one point I flew as an extra in a X team and told them at least half of them were on my "to be focused" list. Xi'ao told me it was fine because I had made his too. He would then sometimes invite me on Helim, but I didn't play Imp side much.

Most rounds were still one sided, but it wasn't as certain which faction that side would be.

I've been trying to get on my Imps more but their GSF channel seems dead and groups are pretty scarce so I end up going solo. It would be nice to see it revived a bit.
Posted Mar 30, 16
Votes:
+353
Level 7
LEVEL 7
Fleet Administrator
I will fly some imp side with you jetsu, just let me know a time

we have to focus on introducing some of the imps to one another so they can form groups and getting them into the gsf chat channel. The problem with the imp side is lack of grouping, everyone there seems to go solo. I would love for another killer premade to arise from the ashes.
Posted Mar 30, 16 · OP · Last edited Mar 30, 16
Votes:
+25
Level 2
LEVEL 2
SRW Recruit
I'm always game to fly imp side too if you want a tag along..My imps toon on SL is still mostly stock, but I can do what I can.
Posted Mar 31, 16
Votes:
+40
Level 2
LEVEL 2
SRW Recruit
I feel like I end up flying with the same people, regardless of grouping, though. Those people are all just on and queued at that time. Doesn't really change the outcome, either.
Posted Mar 31, 16
Votes:
+353
Level 7
LEVEL 7
Fleet Administrator
I edited the story a little bit to make it less awkward, and I also renamed it. Should we post this on the GSF forums? Maybe?
Posted Apr 3, 16 · OP · Last edited Apr 3, 16
Votes:
+353
Level 7
LEVEL 7
Fleet Administrator
Should this be posted anywhere else?
Posted Apr 5, 16 · OP
Votes:
+322
Level 7
LEVEL 7
Fleet Architect
wrote:
Should this be posted anywhere else?
As of now probably not.
Posted Apr 5, 16
Votes:
+136
Level 5
LEVEL 5
Fleet Lieutenant
Just reread it.
I see you fixed what was pointed out.
If you're going to post on the GSF forums or anywhere else, you might want to proofread it thoroughly at least one more time.
I wasn't looking for errors, but noticed that capitalization is really inconsistent and Koiogran Turn is misspelled, and there are probably more errors.

I just noticed recently that Xi'ao'prime was in Tomm's signature on the GSF forums.
I also saw someone on the GSF forums say that Xiaoyu is not Xi'ao, though the names look similar.

Drostoleth and Deanleaner are mentioned as friends who helped form SRW. Are they still around?
Posted Apr 5, 16
Votes:
+353
Level 7
LEVEL 7
Fleet Administrator
Drostoleth and Deanlearner are still around, but they are real life friends and think siraka and I are freaks that play too many video games and only really play with us when we spend a good half hour convincing them to. Deanlearner keeps bugging me to give him some sort of honorary "founder" rank and I said I would consider it if we got to 500 members lol
Posted Apr 7, 16 · OP
List
Undo
Page
of 3
NoticeNotices